GameMaker Studio: Standard Edition is free and Professional Edition is at US$35!
You can get a free copy of GameMaker Studio: Standard Edition from now until 2nd March 2014! Just download and install a copy. When you run it, enter your email address into a popup screen and they will email a license key to you for activation.
This version has no limitation on the number of resources such as objects and rooms!
We encourage your to upgrade your GameMaker Studio: Standard Edition to GameMaker Studio: Professional Edition by purchasing the upgrade at US$35!
Posted on 27th February 2014 9:33am
SGCC2014: Registration begins today!
The 9th Singapore Games Creation Competition is launched today!
We welcome all students aged 13 ~ 16 year old from secondary schools, independent secondary schools and international school in Singapore to sign up!
SGCC is the largest games creation competition in Singapore with attractive prizes to be won!
This year, we are accepting submissions for the following platforms!
Please note that we no longer accept entries from Game Salad
Free online training is available for all participants! Tutorial 01 is available from now, 18th Feb 2014! Login to your team account now to download them!
Posted on January 2014
Singapore Games Creation Competition is launching soon!Singapore Games Creation Competition will be coming back for the 9th time. We will be inviting students from 13 to 16 years old studying in secondary schools, institutions offering integrated programmes, as well as international schools in Singapore to sign up for this competition!
What's new?A sneak peek of what we will be changing this year...
- More Prizes! More details will come later!
- More Finalists! From 25 Finalists teams to 30 Finalists teams!
- Online E-learning Training for GameMaker! Starting in February 2014!
- New SGCC Website coming! With new tools for easier management of team information for students and their teachers!
- Hands-on GameArt training workshop in June 2014!
- Possible Hands-on GameDesign training workshop too in June 2014! More details will come later!
Main Event ComponentsThis competition has several components:
- Opening Ceremony: All participating teams are invited to attend the opening ceremony at Theatre for Fine Arts at Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP) on May/June 2014, where the competition theme, rules and regulations and competition details will be announced.
- Qualifiers: Participating teams will create a single-level web-based game with their game design documents and a poster. Their work must be submitted end of July 2014. Free 2-day training workshops on GameMaker: Studio will be provided in June!
- Finals: The top 30 teams from the Qualifiers will be invited to take part in the Finals held from September 2014.
The finalists will go through an intensive workshop to turn their game into a full-fledged game.
They will also attend lectures on poster design, advanced game design etc!
The teams will eventually present their work to a panel of judges!
- Closing+Prize Ceremony: All the finalists will be invited to this ceremony where the winning teams are announced!
Free Training Workshops
- We will provide free training on the free and easy to use GameMaker
- More information will be provided soon!
Who are involved?
Who can sign up?This competition is open to students from all the secondary schools, institutions offering integrated programmes, as well as international schools in Singapore. Student participants are welcome to
- Attend the talk, or
- Attend the workshops, or
- Submit their entries or
- All of the above.
Posted on 27th February 2014 9:33am